Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Andrea Jenkyns MP (Morley and Outwood)
Location: Morley and Outwood
Andrea is looking for a confident, experienced and versatile professional to be responsible for the smooth running of a busy Constituency Office. Working with a small, friendly team, the successful candidate’s duties will include:
- Ensuring that all constituency casework enquiries are properly logged; progressed and completed.
- Liaising with government agencies, local authorities and third party organisations.
- Management of own caseload.
- Supervision of other members of staff.
- Attendance at surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituents' issues.
- Working with the Office Manager (based in London) to ensure that administration tasks associated with the office are completed.
- Management of the Member’s diary in the Constituency.
- Continually maintain, update and develop personal knowledge of demanding, specialised or complex cases.
- Effectively communicate with both external and internal contacts, including in the media.
- Co-ordination of constituency events and meetings.
- Ability to prepare briefings and compose press releases.
- Occasionally draft press releases
- Experience of leadership within the office of an MP, MEP or similar public figure.
- Excellent knowledge of legislation and guidelines relevant to constituency casework.
- Excellent communication skills, including written skills and competence on Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook Excel).
- The ability to work within a team, on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work flexibly and juggle a range of tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate sensitivity and ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are upheld.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
A working knowledge of parliamentary procedures.
Knowledge of the constituency and local political, social and economic environment.
Hours: Full time - some Saturdays will be required.
Closing Date: 22 April 2019
We are likely to interview and could appoint before the closing date if the right candidate applies.
A short written task will be required to be undertaken by those who make the shortlist.
Please send CV and covering letter to BASILICOS@parliament.uk by the closing date with the subject line 'Senior Caseworker'.
For further information, please contact Stefano Basilico on tel: 02072195798