I am inviting you to nominate a local business as our Responsible Business Champion 2019.
You can nominate any business you like, big or small; what matters is the way it operates. Is it, for example, supporting local schools, clubs or charities; working to minimise its impact on the environment; offering great apprenticeships, or simply treating its staff and customers well?
The winner, the business that receives the most nominations from Constituents, will be invited to the Responsible Business Champions reception to be held in Parliament on the 16th of July and they will receive a certificate from the All-Party Parliamentary Corporate Responsibility Group.
Every company nominated by an MP will also be considered for our National Responsible Business Champion award 2019. This award will be presented to the winning company by the Corporate Responsibility Minister, Kelly Tolhurst, at the July reception. The national winner is chosen by a judging panel who will select the award winner by looking for a company which is:
- Engaging with stakeholders to support the local community;
- Investing in healthy workplaces;
- Offering apprenticeships and training;
- Promoting diversity & inclusion in the workplace;
- Working to reduce their environmental impact;
- Working with suppliers & SMEs to support responsible business practice
The deadline for nominations is the 24th of May 2019